Meditation is a core practice of yoga and you don’t have to be an experienced yogi to enjoy the benefits of this profound practice.
On all of our yoga retreats your classes will combine yoga asana, meditation and mindfulness to create a deeply nurturing experience. Our yoga teachers will guide you through the class that will incorporate a combination breath awareness, flowing vinyasa sequences, alignment exploration, hands-on assistance and relaxation.
Meditation is often offered at the start of a class where you will be guided by the teacher using varying techniques, such as focusing on your breath, on another object or repeating a mantra. The intention of meditation is to turn our attention inwards so that we can experience our true self.
On some yoga retreats we offer special separate meditation sessions. For example in Mongolia we take our guests to a secret location in the Gobi where monks used to meditate and we sit together in this powerful and silent place and meditation for half an hour.
Some benefits of meditation and mindfulness
- Builds a deep and long-lasting connection to your true self
- Alleviates the symptoms of stress and anxiety
- Helps improve emotional balance and builds resilience
- Increases creative thinking
- Improves sleep quality and alleviates insomnia
- Supports with improving the quality of our relationships
- Aids with boosting immunity and improves metabolism
Our best yoga holidays for meditation are…